Very Denniee Nails :): Update and Some Chinese New Years' Nails!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Update and Some Chinese New Years' Nails!

Hey guys!  Recently I've found some time to get this blog back in order, so hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly again!  This post is going to be short since I've been reorganizing all my photos for a new hosting site, and that's made me pretty tired.

Here are some nails that I did a couple weeks ago.  I didn't intend for this mani to be CNY-themed, but this is how it turned out :)


The gold is OPI's goldeneye, a perfect yellowy-gold for the new year.  I applied the red using the sponge gradient menthod.  The red is Zoya's Nidhi, a vibrant red with gold shimmer running thoughout.  The final touch was the black glitter sponging at the base of my nails.  The black glitter is Nubar's Black Polka Dot.

The effect I was going for was fire, especially with the black glitters representing flyaway ash.  However, my friend pointed out that it was a perfect manicure for the lunar new year.

Happy New Year everyone!  Gong xi fa cai~  Hopefully I will post again for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)