Very Denniee Nails :): 52WC: Week 10 - Winter

Saturday, December 8, 2012

52WC: Week 10 - Winter

Today I have a nice wintery manicure for you guys!  After a Secret Santa gift-giving session on Thursday, some friends of mine came over and we all did nails and watched New Girl (love that show! Schmidt!).  I wanted to do something simple, and then I realized that I still hadn't done my challenge of the week.  Scrolling through my pinterest, all that I saw in sight were typical winter manis.  However, I wanted to do something different.   When I saw a penguin mani, I knew that I had to have penguins!  But I don't like doing freehand art on all my nails (mostly because I suck at it).  So I just decided to have the penguin in the snow :)

Do you like my ram/sheet/whatever you call this animal?  It's so cute!


To do the penguin, I painted a base of black, then painted a white on for the belly using a nail art brush.  I also did the beak with a thin nail art brush.  Using two differently sized dotting tools, I first dotted the white with a large one, and then the black on top with a smaller one.

For the snowfall, I was actually aiming for a dot gradient, but it doesn't look like it turned out too much like that.  However, it still looks pretty.  I painted a pastel blue base and then used a large dotting tool to dot the tips, and then a medium sized one down the middle portion of my nail, and a small one towards the cuticle.  Then I topped the whole thing off with China Glaze White Cap to give the snow a more welcoming warm glow.

Colors Used:
Wet N Wild - Black Creme
Wet N Wild - White Creme
Zoya - Arizona
NYX Advanced Salon - Pastel Blue
China Glaze - White Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! If you'd like to comment, I'd love to hear what you've got to say! :)